SK Collaborative works with developers, builders, remodelers, contractors, architects, and homeowners to implement cost-effective techniques that improve building performance. With expertise grounded in the latest in green building practice, design, and policy, the firm delivers outstanding results to clientele from its Atlanta headquarters, as well as across the country. Services include consulting, design reviews and charrettes, training, and building certification for single and multifamily buildings under the National Green Building Standard (NGBS), EarthCraft, ENERGY STAR, LEED for Homes, Enterprise Green Communities, and LEED for Neighborhood Development.
Duties and Responsibilities
We are seeking an energetic and motivated individual to serve as a Single Family Project Manager. Under this role, the individual will be responsible for:
- Working as part of a highly skilled, experienced team.
- Providing technical support for single family and multifamily green building certification projects in accordance with company’s standard policies and processes.
- Performing site inspections at pre-drywall and final construction stages to confirm compliance with green building standards.
- Conduct building performance testing including duct leakage, blower door, and ventilation airflow verification.
- Communicate green building program requirements and building science principles to project teams.
- Oversee multiple projects simultaneously from the design phase to construction completion.
- Approve construction documents, submittals, and documentation completed by project team members for technical accuracy and consistent application of program requirements.
- Be able to travel independently and on short notice. This position may require periodic day travel outside of the metro Atlanta area.
- Candidates must be US Citizen or possess a valid permit to work in the United States
- Candidates must have a reliable vehicle, a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without prior notice.
Skills and Experience
Ideal candidate will have at least 1 to 3 years of construction work experience and a demonstrated career focus on developing skills related to high performance, sustainable buildings (including related professional credentials HERS Rater, ENERGY STAR for Homes, LEED for Homes, National Green Building Standard, Passive House, Commissioning, etc.). SK Collaborative will provide opportunities for advancement and paid training to qualified candidates.
Required Industry Skills
- Associates degree in a built environment design or planning field (i.e. architecture, construction management or building-related engineering disciplines)
- Strong quantitative analysis skills
- Proven interest in and demonstrates a deep understanding of high-performance building strategies
- Experience reading and reviewing construction drawings and specifications
- Experience with green building programs
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, specifically Excel and Word
- Strong computer skills
Preferred Technical Skills/Certifications
- Previous rating experience as a HERS Rater, LEED Homes Green Rater and/or NGBS Green Verifier
- Previous construction experience as builder or industry trade contractor
- Experience with Indoor Air Quality Testing, Construction Management or Environmental Site Assessments
- LEED Green Associate accreditation
- LEED Homes, ND, BD+C, EB+OM, and/or ID+C knowledge
- Excellent communicator with the ability to explain complex concepts to a variety of stakeholders
- Attention to detail with strong oral and written communication skills
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, maturity, credibility, confidence and integrity
- Service-oriented – actively seeks out and develops ways to assist others with a high level of professionalism and customer service while interacting with the team and external clients
- Collaborative with a strong focus on teamwork
Performing fieldwork involves extensive navigation in and around construction sites, buildings, attics, and crawlspaces as well as climbing ladders. Inspectors carry a range of testing equipment that weigh up to 40 lbs. Therefore, an applicant must possess physical dexterity, endurance, strength, and balance to safely and effectively accomplish this work.
Salary and Benefits
Competitive salary commensurate with experience. Regular full-time employees are eligible for company benefits. More information is available upon request.
What You’ll Gain
- Unique perspective working for a socially motivated, small consulting firm
- Experience being part of the growing fields of green building, energy efficiency, and resilience planning
- Opportunity to engage in personal and professional goal setting and career development
- A place among a team of passionate, creative, solutions-focused and service-oriented individuals who are committed to building sustainable, healthy buildings and communities across the nation and a positive working environment and culture within the company
SK Collaborative is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Please submit a resume and cover letter explaining your interest in the job to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply through Indeed online here.