SK Collaborative is Hiring
Job Position: Green Building Consultant (Download PDF)
Location: Atlanta, GA
Full time/part time: Full time position
Reports to: Owners
Travel Required: Yes – mostly local to metro-Atlanta area: estimated at 50%
SK Collaborative works with developers, builders, remodelers, contractors, architects, and homeowners to implement cost-effective techniques that improve building performance. Services include consulting, design reviews and charrettes, training, and building certification for single and multifamily buildings under LEED for Homes, EarthCraft House, ENERGY STAR, the National Green Building Standard, LEED for Neighborhood Development, and Enterprise Green Communities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Project management of single family and multifamily green building certification projects in accordance with SK Collaborative’s standard policies and processes.
- Lead project kickoff meetings and educate project teams in high performance construction and building science principles.
- Site inspections at pre-drywall and final construction stages to confirm compliance with green building standards.
- Performance testing including duct leakage, blower door, and ventilation airflow verification.
- Review of ACCA Manual J and D reports for accuracy.
- Preparation of HERS ratings, including final review and submittal for QA review by Provider.
- Communicate green building program requirements and building science principles to project teams.
- Oversee multiple projects at a time from design through construction.
- Approve reviews of construction documents, submittals and documentation completed by project team members for technical accuracy and consistent application of program requirements.
- Manage project budgets and coordinate workflows internally and externally.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without prior notice.
Skills and Experience:
Required Industry Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in a built environment design or planning field i.e. architecture, construction management or building-related engineering disciplines
- 2+ years’ relevant experience
- Strong quantitative analysis skills
- Proven interest in and demonstrates a deep understanding of high performance building strategies
- Experience reading and reviewing construction drawings and specifications
- Experience with green building programs
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs, specifically Excel and Word.
- Strong computer skills
Preferred Technical Skills/Certifications:
- LEED Green Associate accreditation
- LEED Homes, ND, BD+C, EB+OM, and/or ID+C knowledge
- Previous rating experience as a HERS Rater, LEED Homes Green Rater and/or NGBS Green Verifier
- Previous construction experience as builder or industry trade
- Experience with Indoor Air Quality Testing, Construction Management or Environmental Site Assessments
- Excellent communicator and ability to explain complex concepts to a variety of stakeholders
- Attention to detail with strong oral and written communication skills
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, maturity, credibility, confidence and integrity
- Collaborative with strong focus on teamwork
SK Collaborative is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Please submit resume and cover letter explaining your interest in the job to email@example.com.